Interested in used children books?
Who can remember the joy of listening to bed-time stories at the end of the day? Eeking out “just one more”? The images you created while imagining these faraway tales.
Life flew by!
- Reading helps children to deal with social and emotional issues –
- what an appropriate relationship entails
- discovering personal values and how to maintain them
- acclamation of a personal cultural identity, and an understanding and acceptance of other cultures
- awareness of safety and security
- John Green pointed out that, “Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.”
- It develops concentration, focus, and discipline.
- Reading allows children to appreciate new experiences in a positive light.
- Basic speech skills and academic success can be attributed to reading.
- From infant to age five, reading for 20 minutes a day begins to build speech skills for the rest of life.
- By sixth grade, reading 30 minutes a day is the equivalent of 168 school days.
Used books for the future bookworms of Colorado Springs
It is important to instill a love of reading in your incipient bookworms. By introducing your children to literature early on, you are also avoiding the pitfalls associated with too much time spent with screen media:
- childhood obesity
- sleep disturbances
- attention span difficulties
Once you have nurturedan enthusiasm for reading, finding a used kids’ book store is vital to your pocket. As stated in a recent report from the United States Department of Agriculture, the average cost of raising a child today is over $245,000 – excluding college tuition or inflation and costs incurred after age 18.
Keeping up with your bibliophagist (one who devours books) is a wonderful experience. Before you know it, those children will be reading to their children, and grandchildren.